For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets. But no matter what the specs, the heart is the same-SR continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body, and perfectly matched electronics.
Jatoba/Bubinga Slim Neck
Coupling Jatoba with Bubinga has made the neck strong and stable despite its thinness.
Extended Neck Joint
The neck tongue not only creates a unique look, it also makes utilizing the higher frets easier.
Bartolini® MK1 Pickups
The MK1 pickups are split coil designs that provides a very wide frequency range and enhanced definition for maximum accuracy. The Neck and Bridge pickups have equal response, like traditional single coils, but without the hum and noise.
Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/Mid frequency switch
The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/3-way mid-frequency switch offers tonal variations that enhance simple chord work as well as complex soloing.
Accu-cast B300 bridge
The Accu-cast B300 bridge affords precise intonation and delivers string-to-body vibration conductively.
- neck type: SR5 5pc Jatoba/Bubinga neck
- body: Ash body
- fretboard: Rosewood fretboard w/Abalone oval inlay
- fret: Medium frets
- number of frets: 24
- bridge: Accu-cast B305 bridge (16.5mm string spacing)
- neck pickup: Bartolini® MK-1 neck pickup (Passive)
- bridge pickup: Bartolini® MK-1 bridge pickup (Passive)
- equalizer: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/Mid frequency switch
- factory tuning: 1G, 2D, 3A, 4E, 5B
- string gauge: .045/.065/.085/.105/.130
- hardware color: Black matte
- Scale : 864mm/34"
a : Width 45mm at NUT
b : Width 68mm at 24F
c : Thickness 19.5mm at 1F
d : Thickness 21.5mm at 12F
- Radius : 305mmR