Seymour Duncan Killing Floor high gain boost pedal
The Killing Floor High Gain Boost is both a volume boost and a musical amp-like overdrive all in one.
The Killing Floor High Gain Boost gives you both a volume boost and a musical amp-like overdrive all in one, with an unmistakable, undeniable bluesy feel. Use it to boost your overall output for solos, to push an amp further into overdrive, or for a beefy, expressive solo tone. It’s also great as an ‘always on’ pedal for adding the finishing touch to your tone; it’s like an overall enhancer for your entire sound.
The single control knob gives you up to a whopping 34 dB of additional gain for amazing range, from subtle boost to brash chords to a full, fat overdriven lead, while the 3-way Voicing toggle switch lets you sculpt your high end with a boost at 10K, a cut at 4.8K or a flat setting. Use this switch to take the bite out of overly bright single coils, put more sting into a dark humbucker or to add crystal clear, boutique-style airiness to your tone.
The Killing Floor is made in the USA and is True Bypass.
- Type of circuitry: The Killing Floor uses a hybrid J-FET/Op-Amp, optimized for low order harmonics
- Bypass: True hard-wire bypass
- Gain Control Range – 0dB to 34dB
- Up – High Boost, 7 dB @ 10 kHz
- Middle – Flat Response
- Down – High Cut, 1st order, -3dB @4.8 kHz
- Bypass (Footswitch) – Engages the boost effect
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output Impedance: 1K Ohms
- Gain: Unity (0dB) dry; off to +3dB wet
- THD @ 1 Vo: Unity (0dB) dry; off to +3dB wet.
- Noise referred to input: 120dBV (with Gain set for 34dB)
- Power: 9V battery or external 9V to 18V Regulated DC Adapter (center negative)
- Current Consumption: 3.7mA in active mode, 2.2mA in bypass mode
- Dimensions: 2.61” X 4.90” X 1.40”
- Weight: 0.8lb. without battery, 0.9lb. with battery