Johannus digital organs in Evangelic Lutheran Church of Zaube
Johannus have become a serious player in a market where previously the traditional organ builder was the absolute ruler. Times have now changed, and an increasing number of churches are now looking into the possibility of a digital organ, or a combination of a pipe organ and a Johannus organ.
You can no longer compare a Johannus organ to another electronic classic organ. That is well and truly in the past. You should position it next to a nice pipe organ. Only then will you find out just what Johannus have achieved!
Zaube was formed near the castle of the Order and there was also a chapel, which was built in 1257, but the first church was built in 1563 from oak logs, but other sources say that they were spruce tree logs. The building was without a tower. It was built only in 1577.
The first church was commanded by then-Chancellor Josh Clodts. In 1588, his son ordered to decorate the church in thanksgiving for his escape.
The stone church was built in 1854 and consecrated on 19 September. The church had 275 seats. The church tower, which has no similar in the Baltics or Sweden, was designed by Wilhelm von Strick in 1911 and built in 1913. It is believed that the stone blocks, which were thrown around the church quite disorganized, were left over from the construction of the tower, but as World War II soon began, there was no time to think about cleaning up the area. During the war, the church suffered greatly, so after the war funds were needed to rebuild the church. A new call was made and in 1926 it was installed in the tower where it is still located. We needed a new organ. They were commissioned by Jacob Jaguar, who is considered the second most competent and productive organ builder in Latvia in the 30s. In the autumn of 1934, they were ready and on 14 October they were consecrated. The Zaube organ was one of the three largest organs of the Yogi.
During the Second World War, the Zaube Church did not suffer too much and continued to function until the end of 1963. Due to all the political circumstances, the congregation disappeared. The last service was at Christmas 1963. The church was expropriated and demolished. Window stained glass, organ barrels pierced, tower spire with a cross brutally broken in the summer of 1969. Later, a small finish was made to the tower to prevent rain and snow from entering. The tower looks like that now. The church's premises were used as a gym, later, when a new school with a gym was built, the church was used for storing fertilizers and then returned to the district consumer association for use as a food warehouse.
The church resumed its activities soon after the awakening. The services were held in various places, but mainly in front of the church doors. On December 22, 1991, the church was given over to a church building in plight. The roof was severely damaged by the walls and the terrible dirt that prevailed in the grocery store is indescribable at all. The Christmas service took place in a laundered room.
In 1997 a new roof was laid on the church. In 1998 the walls were renovated. In 2002, the congregation also regained the parsonage buildings and eventually became full owners of their properties.
In October 2000, a Danish public organization brought and donated church equipment (benches, altar table, altar fence, and electric organ, carpets) from a church in Denmark that was slowly being washed into the sea.